Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:46:54 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 18:09:10 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:21:31 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 19:16:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish. Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place and leave their gear on all day.

A mate of mines brother was a fireman he knows what he's talking about unlike you.
Their gear is in the firestation, near where they keep the fire engines and other appliences they use.

Your point is a load of ****e. You claim it's quicker to get to a fire if the engine is on the road in a random place and their gear is on. So why don't they just leave their gear on and park the engine in the street?

It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the skills to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to rescue humans.

Those skills are learned as a child.

Says the person that can't work out where is feet are in relation to his shoes and the door frame.

I can, I just said my subconscious makes a mistake.

My mates brother didn;t leant how to raise a ladder ona fire engine as a child.
he culd climb trees but he never learned how to correctyl carry someone down from a tree or property until he joined the fire service.

It's precisely the same skill. ****wits in HR and H&S think climbing a ladder is some kind of special skill. It isn't.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

Yes is this one of those Hitler Qs ;-)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If you had the chance of saving a cat from a tree or saving a Hitler from a house fore whatv would you have done, bith before the war and after perhaps.

Hitler, so he could have carried on the war.

How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak!

Not many people have used a dove to kill someone but it's easier to grap a pillow and sufforcat someone with it, of course youm would probbley choose a dove for such a purpose ;-P

You can breathe through a pillow, best to use your hands.

--
"Always go to other peoples' funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours." -- Yogi Berra