Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 20:52:57 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:22:03 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:45:54 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news Don't they have to be see-through so the cat can tell it can get
through?

Nope.

Then why are the commercial ones made so?

Just the usual fashion/fad stuff or their customers by more
of those because they don't understand how cats operate.

Watch those videos of Dave's, those cats don't look thru the
door before trying to use it. They know from the smell and
the appearance it's a cat flap. They arent stupid.

If you have several cats, a transparent one would prevent them from both
going through at once.

I'm not convinced. Why can't the cats see the flap moving
and realise that another cat is coming thru the other way ?

Same reason as it happens with people. It doesn't move until you push it. If person/cat A pushes the flap/door while person/cat B is too close to the other side, they get a busted nose.

Otherwise this could happen: https://youtu.be/1U1jSGib-NA?t=1m49s

Unlikely with cats.

They can see through doors?

The commercial ones are all made of transparent plastic.

Sheet of 1/8" perspex would survive 2 cats trying to get thru at once
too.

Commercial ones are not that tough.

Yep, lousy design.

I can only find two models. One lasts about 2 weeks, the other lasts
about a year.

Mine would last as long as the house does.

I can't be bothered building one.

The standard size happens to fit nicely where one pane of glass was
in
the
door.

There is no pane of glass in Daves door.

And the panes of glass in my patio doors are 4'x7'6"

That would be an enormous catflap. No wonder you get burglars.

But it's a lot easier to train a cat or kitten to use a litter
tray
than a dog.

Interesting Mike's latest that his are already so
instinctive that they swarm to the tray when
he puts clean litter in it and have a **** fest.

You'd never get puppys doing that.

Or my cats. If the litter tray is not there or full, they **** in the
shower. They do seem to know that ****ting on the carpet will make me
very angry.

Presumably because they are a lot more fussy than dogs.

What revolts me is my cat eats her kittens ****.

Plenty of dogs eat their own ****.

That makes them even stupider.

Its got nothing to do with intelligence, they evolved
like that. Just like cats did with kitten ****.

Eating a waste product is not a good idea.

Works fine for cats and dogs.

Does it?

Corse it does. If it had health downsides for
them, they would have evolved differently.

Maybe they are unhealthy.

Nope, they clearly survive doing that fine.

I doubt they enjoy it.

They do only live for 15-20 years.

That's due to something else entirely.

If you know what it is, name it.

We live longer and are more intelligent.

For different reasons entirely.

Which are?

In the case of the live longer, its due
to the different way we have evolved.

In spades with intelligence.

Some trees live for millennia, doesn't say
anything useful about anything much.

You're being to vague. You are unsure.

--
A daughter asked her mother how to spell penis, her mum said you should have asked me last night it was on the tip of my tongue.