Posted to alt.home.repair
ZZyXX[_2_] ZZyXX[_2_] is offline

Default 100 pound propane 25 gallons tied to 500 gallons how

On 5/3/17 3:47 PM, Harry Williams wrote:
We have a new 5T limit on the road where the propane truck is 17T (3500
gallon bobtail they say).

Propane company has small 100 pound 25 gallon tanks they say can be hooked
up instead of the standalone 500 gallon tank.

I just want to know more about how this works.

There is no gauge so you have to lift it up to tell if it's full they told
me. And they said they move the "pigtail" from one tank to the other.

Can these things be bought in bulk for an entire neighborhood?
Can they be refilled in place at our homes somehow?
Or do they have to be replaced like the propane company said?

Is there a way to put them in parallel or series?

How does this work for emergency situations which may last 18 months until
the road is fixed?

since its a matter of health and safety in regards to your house, can
you apply for permit to allow an exemption to the limit...