Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron D. Ron D. is offline

Default Antenna rotator question

Offhand, I would say you're correct, that Samsung doesn't make it easy
to use a rotator or multiple antennas.

Oops, for your Samsung.

Is the virtual channel number correct? Does it even have a virtual

channel number?

Virtual is fine. In the details (MENU) In the DTV signal strength have:

freq: off air 57.00 MHz
Power level and s/n with weak Normal type things. ss in dbm and s/n in db

In Manual scan, I'm asked to enter the "Channel Number" which is the physical one.

DST: It had already changed this year at 10 PM, not 2 AM.

EPG: My Bad, the remote labels it as such. It would be what's gonna happen on the current channel. That's totally part of the ATSC signal. It messes up a few hours before midnight. It's like 11:37 pm and it has programs that start at 12:30. After midnight it gets lots more. Another $50 government box works.

It's not the Master EPG programming schedule for all channels.

cable card- Yep.

RF Modulator? Sort of. One of these: http://english.dsdvb.com/Upload/file...0304024149.pdf

4 channels of 4K HD video on 4 RF channels and 4 IP TV channels. Right now my wired Ethernet is too slow and wireless is even slower. I have not tried to see the RF output but I did measure a decent BER and signal strength on a test instrument w/o video)

Streaming: two-foldRF Modulator?

Be able to watch ATSC TV on the laptop (Slingbox like

AM/FM or anything L/R to HDMI ATSC Audio only in AC3 or Dolby Digital.

The smart TV does have a web browser, but you can't tell the TV to just do audio. You end up with a web browser screen with audio. For video the Samsung won't do Flash. ATSC TV's with converter boxes are everywhere in the house.
My elderly Mom likes AM radio and can't yet operate the TV that detailed. She can't at this point watch youtube on the TV to watch the Sunday Mass.

Like I said, the TV is really dumb. A wireless USB keyboard won't work on youtube. Well,the arrows work, but the characters don't. They blame the app maker - i.e. Google for this. Nearly useless or DUMB!