Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old tractor and battery terminals

On 4 May 2017 02:11:34 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

A friend helped me pick up a replacement pulley, and it was
working again.

So -- really no problems with Lucas electrics for me, just the
SU electric fuel pump.

Enjoy,
DoN.

The "Ticky-Ticky on my mini used to refuse to start occaisionally too
- I'd give it a rap and it would generally go for another month.The
one on the '53 TD was misbehaving too the other year - we got a solid
state conversion kit for it - no more points!!!!

The electrical problems on my Vauxhaul Firenza 2300 were not lucas
problems either - that beasty had AC DElco electrics and I lost the
regulator coming into Halifax from Sydney, after having replaced the
timing belt on the side of the road.
Not sure who made the electrics on the Mystique, but the electrical
connections were the biggest problem on that car -other than rust.
Nothing electrical could be as ignorant as Ducellier or Paris Rhone
thogh - Peugeot and Fiat.