Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router Table fence

On Wed, 03 May 2017 22:08:27 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 3 May 2017 20:56:13 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

A couple of decades a go I got a Table for my Router. At the time I
made a fence, and have used it ever since.
The face of the old one is of a piece of 3/8 plywood, about 3.5 inches
wide. It has brackets so the fence can be adjusted. The plywood has
developed a bend and is laminating on the edges.
For the new one I thought about using a piece of maple, poplar or oak,
for the face of the fence, but was unsure which would have the best
properties for this use.
Any recommendation on construction of, and wood for the fence.

.... aluminum ? :-)

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...21&cat=1,43000

http://www.jessem.com/mast-r-fence.html