Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

Wed, 03 May 2017 21:04:07 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wed, 3 May 2017 19:46:45 GMT, "Tekkie®"
wrote:

On 26-Apr-2017, Diesel wrote:

It also means that as the fuel level drops the engine will
starve and stop running. This was also debunked by a pump
manufacturer as seen on MotorWeek on TV.

No, it won't. The pickup is towards the bottom of the tank. Your
engine might die if the pickup can't get the last drop, but,
since it's a pressurized system these days, that shouldn't
happen.

So the fuel is still cooling the pump until it has no more fuel. I
stand by my statements.

eXCEPT ON THOSE WHERE THE PUMP IS NOT ONLY COOLED BY FUEL RUNNING
THROUGH IT, BUT BY THE PUMP BEING FULLY SUBMERGED.

+1 You win.. a... oh ****, the cookie monster ate the last one.
Sorry.