Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Just imagine... a BUILDING, made of WOOD!!

On 5/3/2017 4:44 PM, Steve wrote:
"wait... whaaat, Steve? Are you dense?"

Well yes I am, but seriously, this came over my LinkedIn feed today, and is pretty cool. Newly-developed, major commercial in Minneapolis. 7 stories, 238,000 Sq. Ft. Thought I'd share.

(..and lets just all agree to not talk about the fire insurance rates for this thing... ok?)

Regardless, still cool. If anyone's out there in/around the Twin Cities, I'd be interested in your take.

"The foundation, core, and ground floor are concrete, but the rest of the seven-story structure is timber, making it the largest timber building in North America. Columns and beams are glue-laminated European spruce, while the floor slabs€”which also serve as ceilings for the floors below€”are nail-laminated in a spruce-pine-fir mix. Much of the pine comes from trees that were downed by the mountain pine beetle."

https://www.aia-mn.org/t3-building/

http://www.t3northloop.com/

This was to be a large wooden complex with core elevators and stairs.

http://abc11.com/news/monstrous-fire...leigh/1804792/