Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old tractor and battery terminals

On Wed, 03 May 2017 10:17:46 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 03 May 2017 05:27:51 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 02 May 2017 20:25:37 -0400,
wrote:

From what I remenber the 9n is similar.From my recollection there is
a way tp activate the switch directly instead of through the
mechanical remote control. There is no solenoid, and the key doesn't
activate the starter.

Unless one adds one (should be fairly simple and inexpensive) to aid
in troubleshooting the ancient beasties.

Just more to go wrong. A dead simple mechanical switch is the easiest
to troubleshoot.

OK, the manual I DLed didn't have a pic of the starter switch, but
Amazon did. It's the old floor mounted type of momentary switch like
we used to have for headlight dimming (which were spdt) in ye olden
days.

Were it my tractor, I'd think about adding a solenoid and remote
switch for it for underhood work. $20-30 and an hour of time seems
well worth it. Solenoids are an RCH from "dead simple", too. Heck,
you can probably draw an entire tractor schematic in 4 minutes on a
3x5" card.

--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Save lives: Keep Civilians Armed!