CLSSM00X7

Default Doulble Receptacle Grounding Question/ Switch Grounding

Hi,

Each recepticle needs a ground connected to it on the green post (has a green
screw). Now if you are running the wires from another recepticle you can
continue the ground to the next recepticle through a piece of conduit or you
can ground the metal box and then tie the ground wire on the farthest
recpeticles to the casing but it is not code even though it works. I recommend
just running the ground over and tie onto each recepticle. I can send you a
schematic of what I mean if you wish Hon.

candice