Michael Roback

Default Doulble Receptacle Grounding Question/ Switch Grounding

When doing two receptacles side by side in the same box or piggy back on
either side of a wall, I understand that the hot, neutral and ground gets
connected to the first, and a jumper hot and jumper neutral gets connected
to the second. Does the second receptacle need a ground wire also going
back to the grounding system via a pigtail as well? In this case there are
two pigtails, one for the first receptacle and another for the second, or I
guess I could use on of those wire nut integrated ground cables for the
first and a pigtail for the second??? Is this right?

I have heard many discuss grounding switches but my understanding is that
unless you have a plastic box with NM cable, you do not need to ground the
switch? It is a bit confusing as most switches now come with ground screws,
but I assume that is if they are going into plastic boxes. In my scenerio,
I either have NM with a ground wire going into a metal box or conduit with
THHN going into a metal box so no grounding required??