Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old tractor and battery terminals

On 2 May 2017 23:39:32 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2017-05-02, wrote:

[ ... ]

For thise who have never seen an early Mini up close, the battery was
in the trunk opposite the fuel tank and was originally covered with a
heany cardboard cover. The battery connection was a tapered cap that
fit down over the battery post and was held down with basically a #8
sheet metal screw threaded into the top of the battery post.

Hmm ... my first MGA 1500 used two 6V batteries, behind the two
seats on either side of the driveshaft. It was accessed under a
removable panel behind the seats. Anyway -- it had four of those
connector/screw combinations. One for the cable to the engine
compartment, one for the ground cable to the chassis, and two on the
vary short cable which looped over the driveshaft. I never had problems
with the connectors there.

My sister's 1973 BLMC MBG-GT (say that 3 times really fast) had the
same twin 6v underseat config and had nothing but trouble with them
for 35 years. I could never understand the draw of Prince of
Darkness-equipped vehicles, myself. Nuttin' but trubble.

--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Save lives: Keep Civilians Armed!