Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

In message , Foxs Mercantile
writes
On 5/3/2017 1:20 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

If a spray can product evaporates in seconds and leaves
no oily residue - it WILL NOT FIX noisy pots or
intermittent switches and the like.

To do that job requires a good grease solvent that
lingers and a light oil to provide metal surface
protection.

This is why I use De-Oxit as a cleaner and follow up with
Fader-lube on controls and Pro-Gold on switches.

** You must be a raving nut case.

Well thank you Phil.
I just stated what I use.
I do it because it works.

You are obviously the sort of person who believes in do things
thoroughly, and using the right tool for the job.

I can understand this if your doing it professionally, or if it's the
sort of thing you find you need to quite often - but are you convinced
that the end result is substantially better than a quick squirt of WD?

--
Ian