Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Work Safe - NOT

On 02/05/2017 17:07, Mark wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Just spotted a couple of guys, with a signed up Transit, doing some
pointing on a semi gable end wall, type where the wall continues up to the
roof apex and pointing right up to the apex. Two double extension ladders
leaning against the wall, with metal brackets at the top, so as to support
a walk board level. The walk board like an alloy ladder, but filled by a
board. A third double extension to climb up to working level on.

No safety ropes, no kick boards nothing and there they were pointing at
the apex down. It made me cringe to just watch them.

They were called suicide brackets years ago

aka a "Ladder Cripple"

(you can still get posh versions that have added guard rails etc)

http://www.ladderstore.com/high-leve...m-5-metre.html

I pointed a 3story flank wall off them when I still had a disregard for H+S
and no fear of heights

--
Cheers,

John.