Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The problem with Which is that their reports are also taken out of
context, not read, and applied to people where the items are really not
suited - third hand like "advice" from a well meaning uncle.

If ye read the articles, take on the advice learnt and then discover
further to make up ya own mind. Which doesn't cover everything relevant
for everyone.

Their reviews are rubbish for the most part.

Why did you subscribe to a very expensive magazine when you knew the
reports were rubbish?

I don't know about Tim, but over the years Which? has done sample trials
and several other sales promotion gimmicks ("free quide for the confused",
free prize draw, scratchcards?) just to hook in subscribers.

For a laugh I did such a trial about five years ago, and found it stuffed
with technical flaws and self promotional congratulation for no real
reason except to convince subscribers to stay subscribing.

The chances are that here, a few of us here have taken a peek at Which? at
some moment of lunacy, and then decided their purchasing matters should be
taken into their own d-i-y hands, outside of Which? (and BBC Watchdog)
while folks still have their own faculties.

I pity a new amazing device manufacturer that makes a valiant attempt to
sell into the UK market, going up against product pre-selection tactics
(margins) of the main store multiples, then the high costs of advertising
(football) and then lastly these "consumer" organisations filtering with
their prejudices (journalism).

We don't get to see on store shelves the more technical and exciting
products from a new producer.

But those are available on the net.

That choice is taken out of our hands - the shop display space has been
paid for by an incumbent manufacturer (Sony, Panasonic, Sky) to sell an
inferior "value for money" product.

Only a fool buys what is on some shelf in a store anymore.

Which? doesn't educate choice.

Corse they do with some of the more
general considerations with some products.

They seek with the rest of the cosy sales industry to reduce it.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Thank electrons for the internet!