Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Computer problem solved

On 05/02/2017 06:18 AM, Diesel wrote:
philo news May 2017 00:47:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I wasn't trying to prove any such thing. I simply corrected some
poor assumptions you made concerning me. You assumed,
incorrectly, that I had no experience with various battery types.
And that I knew nothing about old radios. You were wrong. I
realize that's a hard pill for you to swallow, but, that's just
how it is.

Actually I should not have been too surprised with your knowledge
of vacuum tube specifics...a lot of folks younger than I am have
taken an interest in the old technology, especially audiophiles
who claim tube amplifiers are best. In truth I cannot hear the
difference but at my age, my hearing is hardly as good as it used
to be.

At the time, I didn't fully realize it was 'old' technology. I just
knew it wasn't 'solid state' My dad kept it for years, and, I
wanted to surprise him, by making it work again. I figured, he was
keeping it for a reason, and, it should be doing more than just
sitting there like a piece of furniture. I was ready to cut the power
to it though, as soon as it tried doing something wonky. I didn't
realize that because it wasn't solid state, it wasn't going to just
immediately make sound. I was a little kid then, you know.

The tube amps have a 'warmth' to them that is hard, if not
impossible, to duplicate with modern electronic driven ones. It's
like comparing Analog to digital, imho.

If I had not mentioned it already I'm a veteran of the Chicago
Poetry slam scene and I know what's it's like to get one's ass
kicked.

You have. We discussed this, briefly, previously. I mentioned at the
time, you could hand me my ass in such a competition, too. In case
you forgot.

Yes, there are a lot of things I've forgotten.

My memory is so bad that when I wrote up the list of everything I
forgot, there were over 10,000 items listed

(to the best of my memory.)