Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

On 05/02/2017 01:45 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
While I'm sure that there have been occasions when a squirt of WD40 has
dissolved everything in sight, I've been using it for decades, and I've
never found it has ever caused any such damage.
-

Not WD-40 but I found out that using Lock-Ease on a bicycle chain lock
with plastic internal parts is a poor idea Even worse is having the
chain wrapped around the bike and an immobile object at the time.