Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
The chances are that here, a few of us here have taken a peek at Which?
at some moment of lunacy, and then decided their purchasing matters
should be taken into their own d-i-y hands, outside of Which? (and BBC
Watchdog) while folks still have their own faculties.

As I said it's many years since I subscribed to Which. But I'd like to
know just how you test all the various brands of anything before buying?

My opinion on Italian electrics and vehicles is 'avoid'. So I don't need
to test those.

Nah, if you are at least half technically minded, the function, the
specifications, advertised attributes of most gadgets and appliance is
plain obvious, and ye will reach a handful choice of items with a little
bit of effort. Then find internet reviews, and sift out dumb users (and
dumb websites) to get the functional lowdown - and see if ye can work
around or ignore any shortcomings others have.

No actual need to pay to test anything, if you get the above right.

I generally do.

--
Adrian C