Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

On Mon, 01 May 2017 18:40:17 +0100, Scott wrote:

On Mon, 01 May 2017 11:16:32 -0500, Mark Allread wrote:

On Mon, 01 May 2017 11:54:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Which bashing has always been a popular sport. I haven't subscribed
for ages, but when I did usually found their best buy just fine for
what I wanted.

Don't make the mistake I made by following their 'best buy' for landline
phones (Gigaset). They are still on sale and still in the shops as a
Which best buy.

Poor speakers and very poor life expectancy for both the handsets IME.
They were cheap and we need them quickly but have now replaced them.

As a matter of interest, what life would you expect for a cordless
phone? I assume you considered replacing the batteries?

Somewhat longer than 2 years. The Panasonic sets I had before (and which
make I've gone back to) lasted 10 years.

Batteries? They have batteries - that can be replaced?? Wow, who'd a
thought it.

How do you know the speaker is bad and not the microphone on the
caller's equipment or the landline?

Hmm, so everybody who called me had poor equipmnet and both my handsets
had the same fault? Landline and calls were just fine with hardwired
phone connection and also a borrowed cordless set.

The replacements also have none of the problems I had before.