Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default GFCI Wall Tap?

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 10:06:20 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 7:23:17 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 7:02:54 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 6:10:30 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Corrected link, sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-54947-Grou...words=wall+tap

It isn't really GFCI. It won't trip if there is an inbalance
between the hot and neutral wires. Grounded, yes. Or, maybe I'm
missing something obvious in the description.

What you're missing is the intent of her question.

She wants a 6-receptacle tap that will screw-mount to a GFCI receptacle.

The device she linked to will screw mount to a standard duplex via the
center screw. (You remove the existing receptacle plate and replace it
with the tap.) She is looking for something similar that screw mounts to
a GFCI, but of course, we all know that a GFCI doesn't have a center screw.
A GCFI also has those pesky Test and Reset buttons.

YES! YES! YES! That's exactly what I'm wanting. I
keep looking but all they have is the plug-in type for
GFCI receptacles.

I think she just had an organism. \(^o^)/

[8~{} Uncle Silly Monster

SWMBO were walking the dog the other evening. As we walked past a house
we heard a woman praying rather loudly.

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! OHHHH MYYYY GODDDDD!

Cousin Religious Monster