Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Normal A/C on / off cycle durations?

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:15:02 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 10:14:11 AM UTC-4, Mike Name wrote:
replying to glynndaddy, Mike Name wrote:
Wow you set your stat at 78 degrees? Why even bother with owning an a/c unit,
get a dehumidifier. Seriously I am not a freeze freak and find 74 degrees to
get the top temp for comfort but 73 usually is where I set it to keep the wife
from complaining and guests.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-128958-.htm

Another clueless HomeMoaner. If it's 100 outside, will a dehumidifier
keep a house at 78F?

Well, that depends on whether we're recovering the latent heat from condensing the water.

Oh wait, we had this conversation with Stormy. never mind.