Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bedbugs In A Laptop, How High Temp ?

On Monday, 1 May 2017 09:30:14 UTC+1, wrote:
We use a commercial food dehydrator at work to bake old magnetic tapes that get sticky from moisture absorption. I've used it to dry out electronics that got washed. The dehydrator works in 5°F steps.

How hot does it get in your car on a sunny day? Leave it in there along with a thermometer to monitor the temp.

Extreme dryness might be another option. Seal it in a bag with a bowl of salt. That kills many bugs, not all, you'd need to check for bedbugs.

The laptop could be its own heater I expect, but I'd be nervous about getting it that hot. I wouldn't do it.

NT