Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Computer tower

Sun, 30 Apr 2017 17:59:12 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Many notebook computers (formerly known as Laptops) don't have
optical drives any more - they use USB3 external drives when
required. The diference between a notebook and a netbook has kinda
blurred. As for no RJ45, NONE of the apple notebookes have them
any more.

It's not as blurred as you may think, no. Contrary to the belief you
have, some people like a 'laptop' or 'notebook' if you prefer to refer
to them as that vs the stripped down, often power wise weaker
'netbook' for various reasons. I'm not a macfanboy by trade or personal
taste, so, I don't know if what you wrote is true or not. It doesn't
make that much sense to me for commercial purposes, though.