Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Antenna rotator question

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 12:28:50 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:41:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Nobody using a DVR? Changing the antenna while in record ruins
the capture. Home many locations are they trying to receive?

Rotating or changing the antenna while receiving a program is only
required if the signal is lousy and the user is trying to improve it.
No need to rotate the antenna if the signal quality is good. If they
were recording a lousy quality signal, I would think that rotating the
antenna might improve the situation rather than ruining the capture.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

When I had an antenna with a rotator many years ago it was because I was about 40 miles out from 2 different cities about 140 degrees difference. For Milwaukee the antenna aimed ENE but for Madison it needed WNW. If I was attempting to record one city and forgot and changed to the other it would have ruined the recording. Of course those were the analog days. DTV is both better and worse.

My point was he might be able to use multiple antennas with diplexers and get one overall feed that could be treated like the cable company - all channels available all the time with no adjusting.