Default sears garage door opener

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:42:02 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

When I reprogrammed my key pad I had to remove it and hold it close to the
opener.
apparently the radio waves were weakened or were being blocked by bricks. My
unit is only 3 months old and is top of the line.

My new opener (about as old as yours) can be reprogrammed with the key
pad still located at the door - BUT the new code will be limited to a
specific number of uses. If you want to fully reprogram the code you
have to either have a second person to operate the button on the motor
or remove the key pad so that you can do it alone.