Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bedbugs In A Laptop, How High Temp ?

This is all I got, I cannot afford a new one. I can't work because of my eyesight but it isn't quite enough to give me disability, even though I would not be able to run a cash register now.

Anyway, we got hit with bedbugs. Two schools got closed over it. It was an epidemic or whatever.

Anyway, my laptop is infested. I have researched and found that when exposed to temperatures of 135 F for like 45 minutes it kills them and their eggs.. The government and the companies who do this assure us that this is safe. It probably is if not running.

I just checked the oven, the lowest it will go is 170 F. Is that safe for a non, running (at the time) computer ? Could it damage the screen if by nothing else but expansion and contraction ?

We are about to bring in new matress and whatever, but anything happening to this laptop IS NOT AN OPTION.