Posted to rec.woodworking

Default fire extinguisher state of the art

Electric Comet wrote in newse2gq4$ajg$1
@dont-email.me:

current exitinguisher is old and have never used it

thinking about an upgrade but have not kept up with latest trends

what is the preferred style these days

I've got to wonder if that style that you could charge with shop air is
still around. It seems to me that as long as the chemical stays good,
shop air would be easy to maintain. Just keep it by the door and glance
at the gauge as you go out, and when it gets low just recharge it. (All
seals leak over time.)

I'm guessing by the other responses that we don't have a lot of
experience with extinguishers here. Good thing, though, as it means we
haven't had a lot of fires! (Or dust collection & static charge
incidents! (- [Darn emojis have me making those things backwards on
Usenet, where emojis don't exist!)

Puckdropper