Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer tower

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:12:22 -0500, philo wrote:

On 4/29/2017 1:44 PM, Naturous wrote:
I broke My mobo some time back and was given a Dell with W8 and all the
goodies. I managed to get W10 installed, and after getting used to all
the new bells and whistles, it gets the job done.
Now I want a fresh computer that is moe compact and it looks like I have
several choices in new gear. A laptop, tablet, ETC so what would twist
your short and curlies...a laptop or tablet?
I have a laptop that came with My data loging software and hardware, and
am not willing to use it for any other purpose.

What raises an eyebrow for you???

When I was working my company provided us with Lenovo laptops, they held
up quite well in an industrial environment so I expect you would do OK
with one

The only SERIOUS laptop for business use, in my experience, is a
Lenovo Thinkpad. High end Toshibas and high end Acers come close, but
nothing lasts like a Thinkpad. There are etter "hardened" laptops for
industrial use at double or triple the cost.