Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@

On 30/04/17 00:38, S Viemeister wrote:
On 4/29/2017 5:25 PM, Malcolm Race wrote:
Are there any?

We are in the process of re-fitting a kitchen. SWMBO wants to fit only
white goods made in the UK. She vwas looking at Hotpoint until she was
told that they were made in china/far east. Are there any manufacturers
who make wquipment in the UK?

Good luck.
I wanted to 'Buy British' when I bought my Hotpoint dual-fuel cooker.
When it arrived, I found that it had been manufactured in Poland (as was
its replacement).

I so wanted to 'Avoid Spaghetti' when I chose the last one, and so
instantly dismissed brands such as Candy, Indesit, Hotpoint, Smeg etc....

So bought John Lewis own brand, knowing that it's a badge on the German
AEG / Electrolux heritage.

Checked the label the other day. Yup, I failed. Made in Italy.

--
Adrian C