Richard J Kinch

Default Swimming Pool Pump

Mark or Sue writes:

So how do you pump water in the bucket under the same head pressure as
the returns? My returns are under 18" of water and the wasteline has
much less resistance than the returns.

I did my measurements when the pool was filling.

I suppose in a filled pool you could just screw on some hose to the eyeball
fitting at the pool wall. If you wanted to get neurotic about accuracy,
you could calculate back-pressure for a length of such hose plus the
elevation to the bucket to equal the 18" (or whatever) water column you're
outlet pumps into.

Don't get me wrong. I would appreciate a gadget like a flowmeter. My
interest is just more in a one-time characterization rather than a day-to-
day performance monitoring.