Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Finally Succumbed To the Barn Door Fad

On 04/28/2017 5:32 PM, dpb wrote:
On 04/28/2017 1:29 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:

Which is all well and good for what has been built since; doesn't help
the 100 yo infrastructure like the gas distribution system, etc.,
etc., ...

There's very little "100 yo" _anything_ in California.

I suspect a fair amount of LA County (say) gas distribution is quite a
lot older than you may think plus other metro areas have also been
around for quite a while.

"The pipe that caused the destruction at UCLA was 93 years old (from
1921), but that's on the younger side of things; the LA Times says most
pipes were installed around 1910"

I didn't find specifics on gas which is a key component in fire after
EQ, but I'd be surprised if the same general time frame isn't quite
common for the larger mains.