Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Routing question

Sonny wrote in
:

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:56:58 PM UTC-5, John McCoy wrote:

Man, I hate people who cut up old handsaws instead of using
them as handsaws.

Yeah... understood and agree.

I kind of figured you did, but there's an awful lot of people
who don't realize that 20 minutes or so with a file and an
old saw, and you have something far better than any new saw
(I didn't realize myself how easy it was, until the first
time I tried).

I'm now realizing, simply, the hand plane is the best suggestion,
after all.

That's another one where, if you've never done it, you don't
realize how quick & easy it is to make a small roundover.
And for a fence it doesn't even matter if there's small
facets, nature will smooth them fast enough.

John