Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Routing question

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:56:58 PM UTC-5, John McCoy wrote:

Man, I hate people who cut up old handsaws instead of using
them as handsaws.

Yeah... understood and agree.

I meant for one that isn't usable, anymore, like the broken saw blade I used for making my first cabinet scraper, which I still have, but rarely use.

Sometimes, I don't think of how my comments are taken, as I think of them, at the spur of the writing moment. And probably the effect of my long term salvage/recycle (and maybe improvise) mindset, also. This isn't the first time I've thought of a way to do something, only to realize there is a better, more simple way. Oftentimes, my first thoughts, this way, amounts to creating more work, for myself, than is required.

I'm now realizing, simply, the hand plane is the best suggestion, after all..

Sonny