Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Computer problem solved

In article , says...

On 4/28/2017 8:03 PM,
wrote:

SNIP
When I'm "on the clock" it's still cheaper to even grab one at a drug
store than to drive an extra 8 blocks for a $2.99 battery - as
difficult as it is to get my head around THAT some days!!!!.

I still do some computer repair work and if I had a paying customer
waiting, $7 for a CMOS battery would not have been a big deal.

When doing work you can recover your cost it is often better to pay more
for an item and get the customer going.

When working a large motor speed control quit. The factory repair main
replaced 2 large diodes. There were 3 of them as this was a 3 phase
system. I asked him to replace the 3 rd one. He said they were $ 50
each. I told him I don't care as it was costing up about $ 1000 an hour
to be down plus your charge to come back in if needed. It may not need
changing, but why take the chance.