Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Computer problem solved

On 4/28/2017 8:03 PM, wrote:

SNIP
When I'm "on the clock" it's still cheaper to even grab one at a drug
store than to drive an extra 8 blocks for a $2.99 battery - as
difficult as it is to get my head around THAT some days!!!!.

That said, today was the last day of 1/3 of my working life going to
the same office every morning (16 years of my 48) for 8:30.
One more step towards retirement. I'm not quite retired yet - just
tired!!!!

I had the same job for 38 years...or I should say I never changed jobs.
The company I worked for had been bought out several times and I went
from working for a small local company to a large world-wide
corporation. Ironically, without me changing jobs, the company I ended
up with was the competitor to the one I started with.

I was planning on retiring after 40 years but my knees had to be
replaced and I had to retire. When my doctor said. "Sorry but you won't
be able to go back to work. " I smiled and said, "No need to apologize."

I would have been OK for desk work but I was a field service engineer
and had a lot of physical work was involved.

I still do some computer repair work and if I had a paying customer
waiting, $7 for a CMOS battery would not have been a big deal.