Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer problem solved

wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:46:20 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:15:24 -0400,
wrote:

As far as computers are concerned, I've given up building them - I
buy ready built with a warranty and I keep my hair!!!

Ditto. 20 years ago I could make 3-5 hundred dollars and still be
under a market retail cost for a lesser machine.

Just bought the bride a new machine under $500. 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD,
Win10 and the whole 9 yards -- less a monitor. An ASUS which is a
very good mobo.

I gotta say Oren , I have less than that in all 3 machines . They
all have at least 8 Gb RAM , quad core processors . the media box
has 2 1T drives and the other 2 both have a 320 main and at least
250Gb aux storage . 2 have new mobo's , all have (or will have when
it arrives) new RAM , "new" processors , and 64 bit OS's .

Not Intel processors I'l bet - and I'll never spend a cent on another
AMD. and what's with the "new" in quotation marks?
I can build a "new " computer out of used and out-of-date parts for
under $50.
I've got 3 "new" desktops here that cost me less than $50 - My wife
uses one of them, and one is my "sandbox" machine. Also 3 laptops that
cost me the price of a new battery each - and one I'm waffling over
whether I will spend the price of a battery to make it fully
functional. One is an AMD, and one is a DELL - the only one of each i
"own"

"New" meaning they're new to me . All were used in another machine before I
got them .

--
Snag