Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a smoke machine

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:04:00 -0000 (UTC), Tomos Davies
wrote:

In ,
suggested:

Buy a special effects smoke machine like the ones that always go on
sale around Halloween and mash together some adapter fittings.
I bought one on Kijiji for something like $20 Canadian(including a
"bottle of smoke"

They may work if they have about 2psi of air pressure (or if it can be
bottled somehow to leak 2psi through a 3/8ths inch vinyl hose.

Not sure what the actual pressure is but it is enough to disburse the
smoke throughout the system and not enough to damage anytging -
particularly if you use a rubber glove as a "plug" on the intake
system.As long as you are not "given the finger" by the glove, the
pressure is safe - and you control it with the "trigger" button. I
have not made the custom adapter yet, but I plan on making a sort of
"heat exchanger" to fasten to the outlet to cool it before connecting
the hose. An aluminum or copper "pipe" with fins fastened or machined
on it.