Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Need a smoke machine

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 6:31:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
There's an easier way to find a vacuum leak.

Disconnect the throttle control motor and spray the hoses with ether, which is starting fluid. When the RPMs go up, there's your leak.

This will set a code so if it is OBD2 you'll need a method to reset it.

Around the engine yes, but there are vacuum lines running all the way back to the gas tank. I had a small evap leak code on one of my cars and it was a bad gas cap. No propane or ether would induce an rpm change back there.