Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Computer problem solved

On 04/28/2017 02:04 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/28/2017 2:55 PM, philo wrote:
On 04/28/2017 01:36 PM, Frank wrote:

snip
I think it is a crap shoot looking for cheapest stuff. I've never
shopped ebay but my brother-in-law has bought stuff for my wife which
turned out to be crap. Chinese stuff might be good or bad and US stuff
may even be the same but quality control should be better and they
filter out the bad. Worth paying for.

Here is where it all started for me.

I do a lot of computer repair work and one day the unbelievable thing
happened...I ran out of CMOS batteries!

No big deal, I'll just run over to the local drug store and pick one
up, I'll pay a bit too much but big deal.

A battery which should have been may $2.50 was marked $7 !

No way could I do that.

I went on line and ordered from China.

Price was $2.58 but that is not the whole story. $2.58 for TWENTY
of them and that INCLUDED shipping!!! 13 cents each I guess

They arrived in ten days and they are A-1 .

Identical as far as I can tell to the $7 drugstore variety.

Drugstore is the last place to buy batteries. If I could use 20 I'd
probably look at Amazon. This type battery might not matter even if 19
were bad you made out.

Of course it is but it is two blocks from my house and until I saw the
price I wanted it ASAP