Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Routing question

Sonny wrote in
:

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:48:20 AM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Making railings out of 2x6 stock, 122 in long. The center will be
dadoed for the pickets. The flat faces will have slopes near the
edges created by table saw. Is there any way to slightly round off
the corner where the sloping top face meets the remaining (about 3/4
in.) vertical edge. Other than sand paper. Think homemade threshold
where the slight top slope meets the edge. Thank you!

Grind a scraper profile using an old saw blade (either handsaw blade
or circular saw blade) and scrape the profile? Possibly, form/grind a
profiled blade (iron) that fits into a hand plane?

Man, I hate people who cut up old handsaws instead of using
them as handsaws.

Anyway, a slight roundover like the OP is talking about is
a job for a block plane. It's just 3 or 4 strokes, and will
go very quickly even on a 10' plank (it didn't take me long
to take a 12', square stock to completely round, when I made
the mast for my little dinghy).

John