Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Computer problem solved

On 04/28/2017 12:53 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

When I placed the order they did not process it at first ...they
emailed me to make sure I understood it was AMD only and only after I
told them I understood...did they process the order.

One of the sticks was bad and when I informed them I told them that
for $2 they need not send a replacement but to my surprise they
immediately refunded $2.

The rest of the RAM has been running fine for about a year now...

I suspect the RAM was cheap simply because they did not have a quality
control department.

Bottom line though, I was dealing with China and they were pretty good
about their dealings.

I've had both good and bad dealings with Chinese merchants . Some bend
over backwards to please , others act like you've insulted their family for
the last 3 generations by even hinting that their product is less than
perfect .

The only problem I had was with a motherboard MFG. It was a major name
but I can't recall now.

I did a BIOS upgrade and when I got done flashing it I got a message the
the upgrade failed . I got scared that I bricked the thing but it worked
and the new BIOS was installed.

I contacted tech support to tell them about the bug but there was
probably no one there that understood English. Basically, no matter how
many times I contacted them I got one of four different canned responses
having BIOS in the context.