Posted to alt.home.repair
Windows ME Windows ME is offline

Default Windows ME

"Diesel" wrote in message
BSgS7...
"Windows ME"
Wed, 19 Apr 2017
09:38:02 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I installed a 10 gig harddrive, with Windows ME on it, that hadn't
been used in years and found it contains *LOTS OF GAMES*, so i've
been playing old games all evening.

Clydes Adventure is a great game, difficult, but great.
Has anyone even heard of it? I bought it way back in the late 80's
as I recall. Then theres Cosmo, Duke Nukem, Descent, Catacomb
Abyss, Wolf 3D, and *Lots More*.

yay! Do you have any of the wolf3d patches? Barney the purple
dinosaur, naked chicks on the walls, weapons conversion? etc?

Windows ME was a pretty good operating system.

Depends on your POV.

I'm using Dosbox to make everything run with sound.

Rockin! Hey, if you're interested, I wrote a saved game editor for
Duke Nukem. It supports episodes 1 thru 3. You're welcome to a copy
of it if you'd like. The exe is 5.2kilobytes in size. The entire zip
is 7.6kilobytes in size.

I wrote one for Commander Keen v4 Goodbye Galaxy around the same
time, and, secret agent. You just copy the DNHACK.EXE file into the
same folder as you've got Duke Nukem, and run it. It's self
explanatory. It'll ask for the episode, choose it. Then, it'll ask
for the saved game (1-9) and you'll be presented with the options of
things you can change. You can give yourself near unlimited health,
the claw, the boots, mod your firepower, change the last level you
completed, even change your score. All upto you.

DNHACK is not for the 3d version of Duke, so, if that's what you
have, this won't work. I wrote them back in 1997...Yea, I know..
but, I was really bored at the time, too.

Thanks, but I'm already just about burned out on these old games.