Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storing passwords and associated security questions - X-post

On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 20:40:03 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Nick Odell wrote
David wrote

This posting is coming to you courtesy of someone else's computer
with all necessary passwords etc from my Kingston DataTraveller
Locker + G3 which has hardware encrypted storage which can only
be accessed by password. 10 unsuccessful attempts at breaking
that password and the drive automatically wipes itself clean.

Works for me.

What happens if this USB keys breaks physically

Nothing special, you just use the spare.

fine if you carry a spare of everything do you carry a spare mobile, spare underwear etc...
Most people should have a spare but NOT carried with them.

I;/ve seen and heard this happen in the lab. ? So I know it's possible.

Yeah, I still give what I torrent for the neighbours kids who I let use
my internet using USB sticks for the speed and they do die occasionally.

Unlike most HDs there's a good chance they'll get damaged manually long before they are electraclly, or of course lost we get one or two a week left in the lab but more come up to me asking have you been handed a USB stick ?