Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462009@gmail.com is offline

Default Antenna rotator question

Customer wants a complete TV antenna with a rotor installed. I used
to do a lot of these so that's no problem. However the catch is that
depending on where they feel like hanging out he wants to control the
rotor from two different levels of the house. I've never tried to do
this before. Someone else suggested that I install a control wire to the two locations and have them move the rotor between the two. I know that channel Master makes a unit with an IR remote but I would need an RF based remote to go between floors. And I'm not a big fan of Channel Master anyway. Are there any RF based solutions for this? And is the equipment consumer or commercial grade?

Also back in the day I used to install Alliance rotors exclusively.
They were a real quality product and I never got married to one of
them. I know that Alliance has been gone for awhile now but is it true
that the only ones that are now available are the crappy Chinese
Philips rotors with the plastic gears that break in a windstorm? Is
it even possible to buy a good quality rotor, (besides a really
expensive Ham job) anymore? Lenny