Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mia.kimberley96@gmail.com is offline

Default Removing old gutter sealant.

On Saturday, 26 November 2011 16:28:19 UTC, John wrote:
A heat gun should soften the old stuff but I wonder what I could use to
remove it?

I have a number of leaks at joints that I have tried to fix but there is
so much old sealant already there that applying more just doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

John

My boyfriend used gutter sealant on my toilet pipe when I had a leak in the middle of the night...and it looks awful .. I need it fixing properly and need to get the ugly gutter sealant off it...what's the best way do you think? any ideas?