Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Windows 10 users - using edge? :)

ItsJoanNotJoann news:dc74065e-2518-4ec2-
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 04:40:18 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

Nope, absolutely not, never, ever, ever see Edge. Never
makes an appearance. You can set your browser to whatever
you want. Just because Edge comes with W-10 doesn't mean
it can't be disabled.

You misunderstood what I wrote. if a program has html instead of it's
own actual executable code to render the graphical user interface,
EDGE will render it for the program, without identifying itself as
edge. It won't look like a web browser to you at all. It'll look like
the programs authors intended for their GUI to look, instead.

Windows 10, despite your efforts to 'disable' it also uses Edge to
render some of the screens you see when you actually use the OS
itself. It's one of the reasons you can't actually remove it. Windows
10 itself, uses it. You can elect not to surf the web with it, but,
you can't really stop Windows 10 and some apps from using it to
render their own GUIs.

Just like win9x, etc etc etc used IE to render some of it's own
screens, without appearing to look anything like IE while doing so.

Am I explaining what I meant better?

You're being arrogant so you should be blissfully happy.

Although my post can certainly seem that way, I'm not actually being
arrogant in it. I was trying to explain something in a way which
clearly didn't make sense to you. For that, I do apologize.