Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

"Tekkie®"
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:51:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 26-Apr-2017, Diesel wrote:

Part of the pump assembly contains a sealed up electric motor
that uses the fuel around it as an external source of coolant.
IE: takes heat away from it. As a result, the electric motor
lasts longer. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize
electric motors and heat don't go well together over time.

It also means that as the fuel level drops the engine will starve
and stop running. This was also debunked by a pump manufacturer as
seen on MotorWeek on TV.

No, it won't. The pickup is towards the bottom of the tank. Your engine
might die if the pickup can't get the last drop, but, since it's a
pressurized system these days, that shouldn't happen.