Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Windows 10 users - using edge? :)

On 4/26/2017 6:21 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 7:31:10 AM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:22:55 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote in

I've got Edge killed on my laptop.

How do you do that? Remove it? Disable it?

I'm curious as well since Edge cannot be removed from the PC without
deleting crucial files associated with the operating system.

When I took the free Windows 10 upgrade it came with that annoying
Edge browser and it wanted to default to it constantly. Finally
Norton asked if I'd like to disable it permanently? YES!!

There are some discussion sites that will walk you through disabling
it. I do not see it in my start-up menu nor programs installed on
my laptop. All I know is I NEVER see it or get a pop-up wanting to
start Edge and haven't seen it in a year and a half.

I'm a happy camper.

You can default your browser to anyone you want. I use Firefox.
Also under Win10 you can go back to last IE, I think 11. I had to do it
to use script at remote site I connect to.