Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Options for shorted transformer

On 2017/04/26 1:24 PM, wrote:
I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machining center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

electaudio at cox Dot net Ask for John.

Is a good rewinder, or will 'built-to-suit' at a reasonable cost.

There must be thousands of Hammond off-the-shelf transformers if you do not need multiple secondaries and multiple primaries.

What are the specific needs?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Hammond also winds to spec. Expensive, but I've yet to have a Hammond
transformer fail that was operated within its design specs.

Not much you can't replace with the Hammond catalogue on hand and not
worrying about extra un-needed windings.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com