Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Storing passwords and associated security questions - X-post

whisky-dave wrote
Nick Odell wrote
David wrote

This posting is coming to you courtesy of someone else's computer
with all necessary passwords etc from my Kingston DataTraveller
Locker + G3 which has hardware encrypted storage which can only
be accessed by password. 10 unsuccessful attempts at breaking
that password and the drive automatically wipes itself clean.

Works for me.

What happens if this USB keys breaks physically

Nothing special, you just use the spare.

I;/ve seen and heard this happen in the lab. ? So I know it's possible.

Yeah, I still give what I torrent for the neighbours kids who I let use
my internet using USB sticks for the speed and they do die occasionally.